Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Neighborhood House is here for you!

Neighborhood House is located inside the Paul and Sheila Wellstone Center for Community Building.


Neighborhood House has been in St. Paul since 1897.  Wow!  How many years is that?


The Education Program has many classes for adults: English classes, GED classes, computer classes, and citizenship classes.  Education is important for your life in the United States, and we want you to succeed!  We have classes all day and in the evening, too.  If you need childcare, you can talk to Brooke and she will help you. 


The Basic Needs Program wants to make sure that you have enough food in your house!  If you are a student here, you can go to the food shelf once a month and get food for your family.  They can also help you find free clinics and winter coats for your children.  You can ask teacher Jon about the services they offer.





The Youth Leadership Program gives children fun and educational experiences to help them grow into leaders.  In the Youth Center, they can get help with their homework, draw, sing, dance, and play basketball.  In the College Access Center, they can learn about universities and getting money to go to school. 


What do you like about Neighborhood House?  Please click "Comments" to answer. 

13 comments:

  1. In nighborhood i like all like english language,cumputer and sport.In Nighborhood House school is a good school that i naver saw before that help the people that they came from another country or different country to help them how to live the United State and give them know alot of that they naver know before.The same me when i came here in at first i don't how can live in the United State.But i have Nighborhood House school help me and tell me alot of thing about how to live in the United states.And i like all the teacher they so trying to teach all the student and try to explain about something that thy don't know and me too.I'm so so Nighborhood house school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Rosa I think the Neighborhood House is very important for the people because help different needs for me is very important thank you Neighborhood House for me all workers is very nice person

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like neighborhood house it is good place for e. i learn partic english and i like teachers.i like friends.teachers help me to speak english.and then i will try to english language the people how know the english.many people came from different country to help them how to live the united state and them lot of know the education in the neighborhood school help for man and woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we likes NIghborhood house we Leaned english and computer the teachers heilp us. we happy come to the school every day. we saw many friends in this ciass. befor we dont know but we knows

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Like Neighborhood House,it is was befor old build since 114 years.We have different program in the Neighborhood House.I learn also English class and computers.Neighborhood House have GED Class. My selv i say thinks soo much for Neighbood House about my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In nighborhood i Like all like english language,
    And i Like the teacher they so explain about something that thy don,t know and me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. l like nighbor hoob house school is a goob school l like education adults english clases

    ReplyDelete
  8. neighborhood house school me and my husband student english GED classes computer classes monday to ferday 9.am fore to 3.3opm and like teacher and like my classes waye thes school too mahe help papel and food shelf help papel fore everything think

    ReplyDelete
  9. my name is semere sium i like this neigh boorhood house i inder standing english langoge lerbete it has good education and it has good teachers understanding with any people

    ReplyDelete
  10. Halimo and BeidemariamApril 13, 2011 at 12:31 PM

    halimo and beide mariam .I like in neighborhood house like teachers I like english language before when I came united state i think how can speak english teacher is help to me how to speak english but I try to speak english

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like Neghborhood House because Iam speak English class GOOD People OLL teacher help people

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I came in Minnesota in 1999, me and may familiy. First thing was the problem is the place were house where we are sleeping. after that the government helps us for every thing.For esemple; food stamp house clothes, also medical.The the Government helps us for every thing.I said for my selves, I appreciate the U.S.A.me and my familiy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like daycare job because I love the children. I like help any child. I can read a book with the kids. It is easy for me.

    ReplyDelete