My name is Sarah. I like to cook and bake. I often cook dinner for my family. On the weekends, I bake cookies and bread. My favorite recipe is for banana bread. Click "read more" below to see my favorite recipe!
Sarah's Banana Bread
(from the Joy of Cooking cookbook)
Before you start, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then follow this recipe:
First, you should get some ingredients together. You will need:
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of cloves
2 large eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of chopped dried apricots
Second, get your cooking tools together. You will need:
1 large mixing bowl
1 medium mixing bowl
1 small mixing bowl
1 whisk or large spoon
1 electric mixer
8 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch bread loaf pan
Third, follow these directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in the medium bowl using the whisk or large spoon.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together in the large bowl with an electric mixer.
3. Beat the eggs in the small bowl with the whisk.
4. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture in the large bowl.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs in the large bowl.
6. Mash the bananas in the small bowl with the fork.
7. Mix the bananas into the butter, sugar, egg and flour mixture in the large bowl. Use the electric mixer.
8. Last, stir in the chopped nuts and apricots.
Fourth, you should prepare your baking pan. It should be a bread loaf pan, measuring 8 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches. Grease the inside of the pan using a paper towel and some butter. Pour the bread batter into the pan.
Fifth, put the pan into the hot oven. Bake the bread for 1 hour. Let the bread cool for 15 minutes before you take it out of the bread pan. Then you can slice it and eat it. Enjoy!